Fitting Wedge Pads to Series I™ Horseshoes
Photos & Work by Andrew Neilson of Chadds Ford, PA
1. Hoof before farrier has started his work
2. Sound Horse shoe placed on top of pad. Trace the outside of the shoe marking the pad.
3. Pad with traced outline.
4. Pad after it has been cut to size.
5. Pad dropped inside of the cuff on the Series I shoe. Pad riveted at the heels to prevent shifting.
6. Rivets shown on ground surface.
7. Farrier using a “pour-in” urethane pad material for frog & sole support.
8. Hoof after farrier has finished the Series I shoe application.